Title: Join Miami University’s Student Nature Photography Contest and Showcase the Beauty of Oxford
Immerse yourself in the diverse wildlife and stunning landscapes of Miami University’s campus in Oxford. From playful squirrels and graceful deer to elusive foxes, herons, and bobcats, the natural areas of Miami University and Oxford offer an abundance of species to observe. With picturesque locations like Bachelor Pond and Four Mile Creek, the urge to explore becomes irresistible. To celebrate this natural beauty, Miami students are excited to announce their first-ever nature photography contest.
From Friday, October 13th to Friday, October 27th, participants have the opportunity to submit either new or old wildlife photographs for a chance to win. You can easily submit your photo online through the provided form. A panel of judges, including Greenhawks editor Sam Norton and photo editor Jake Ruffer, will narrow down the submissions to select the finalists. On Monday, October 30th, the finalists will be announced, and you will have until Friday, November 3rd to vote for your favorite photographs. The winners of the contest will be revealed on Friday, November 10th, and they will receive a beautifully framed version of their winning photo.
The contest is divided into three distinct categories, allowing participants to showcase their skills and passion for capturing nature’s beauty:
1. Wildlife: All species of wildlife, from birds to mammals, can be included in this category. Explore the biodiversity of Miami’s campus and let your lens be your guide.
2. Plant Life: The natural areas surrounding Oxford boast a remarkable variety of plant life. Get up close and personal with nature’s botanical wonders.
3. Landscape: The Oxford region offers sweeping landscapes and stunning backdrops. Capture the essence of the natural world through your lens and create breathtaking compositions.
To ensure the integrity of the contest and the well-being of the natural environment, please adhere to the following guidelines:
– All photos must be taken in the Oxford area, including Houston Woods.
– Do not disturb or remove plants from their habitats or stage photos artificially.
– It is crucial to never touch, harm, or interfere with wildlife while taking photographs.
– The final images should not include people.
– Please submit high-quality photos for the best viewing experience.
– By participating, you grant Miami Student the right to publish your submitted photos, with proper attribution, in print and online indefinitely.
Q: Can I submit more than one photograph?
A: Yes, you can submit multiple photographs. However, each photo will be considered as a separate entry.
Q: Are there any restrictions on the camera equipment I can use?
A: No, there are no specific restrictions on the type of camera equipment you can use. Both professional and amateur photographers are welcome to participate.
Q: Can I edit my photographs before submitting them?
A: Minor editing, such as adjusting brightness, contrast, and cropping, is permitted. However, excessive manipulation of the photograph is discouraged.
Q: What if I don’t have any wildlife photographs but wish to participate?
A: No worries! You can choose either the plant life category or the landscape category to showcase your photography skills.
Explore the captivating beauty of Oxford’s natural surroundings and channel your passion for photography in Miami University’s first student nature photography contest. By preserving the essence of wildlife, plant life, and landscapes through your lens, you contribute to the appreciation and conservation of the natural world. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to showcase your talent and connect with nature like never before.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay updated with the latest news and events: [Insert newsletter sign-up link].